Uber cabs are becoming more commonplace all the time in the UK. This being the case a lot of people are now wondering what it takes to be an Uber taxi driver.
Below is a guide to help you get started.
What’ll you need
Below are the main things you’ll need to get in order to work as an Uber driver
- Your own vehicle – The most obvious thing you’ll need to work as an Uber driver is your own vehicle. Your vehicle will need to meet Uber’s standards before you’re cleared to work for them. It’s a good idea to get a modern, practical vehicle that’s not too expensive to insure.
- A private hire taxi driver’s licence – You’ll also need to have a full private hire taxi driver’s licence. You can find more information about the requirements for obtaining a private hire licence here.
- Private hire taxi insurance – You’ll certainly need to have the right cover in order to work legally as an Uber driver. You can get private hire insurance quotes very easily now so it shouldn’t be an issue to get cover at an affordable rate.
Saving money on uber taxi insurance
Below are a few great ways to keep the costs of Uber insurance to a minimum –
- Pay upfront – Most people choose to pay for their insurance monthly. This makes sense since you can spread the cost and don’t have to pay too much upfront. However if you are able to pay for your cover annually then most insurance providers will offer you a significant discount for doing this.
- Increase excess – Excess is what you would pay towards a claim should you have to make one. By increasing the amount of excess you pay, you can help to cut down on initial costs.
- Get quotes from different insurance providers – Getting a lot of quotes from different insurance providers is one of the best ways to save money on Uber insurance. Getting a lot of quotes will enable you to see which insurance providers are offering you the best price for the type of cover you want. This prevents you from overspending on your cover.